Sunday, May 6, 2012

Welcome to Pinterest

Time to hop on the band wagon I guess. I've never really found a useful purpose for Pinterest or ever really found limitless amounts of time to spend on something that doesn't seem to really get me anywhere or anything. You "pin" things that you like. So other people can see what you like. And comment on the things that you like. And maybe, if you're a true "pinner", they'll even re-pin your pins. Holy crap. BUT, I've spent some time on the site and now I think that I've been able to find a reason to use this time wasting website (and maybe after a while I won't be so cynical about it). It helps me remember myself. I know that doesn't really make sense. But in actual reality, I have all these things I want to do, to try, to find, to be and in all the hustle and bustle of life and the daily grind, I forget that it would be fun to try a new recipe. Or even just to cook anything at all for that matter. I forget that I should look up cheap ways to travel to Costa Rica so that maybe one day it will actually happen. I forget all the inspirational quotes that I heard not so long ago that I always want to remember. I forget little parts of me that different areas of my life brought to surface. And if a pinboard is what it takes to keep track of all the little parts of me, then I guess it's time to give in. So let the pinning adventures begin!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!
    Ok, it's funny you mention this because I felt the same way at first!
    I thought it was another pointless trendy website so I resisted for a WHILE, and then I wanted to see what the fuzz was about!
    And then... it took me a minute to figure it out but now I LOVE IT! I've gotten so many craft ideas!
    And I go to bed late "pinning".
    Not that going to bed late is news!

    ReplyDelete